Telephone Support and Information Lines
These organizations provide breast cancer support by phone:
(S) = Servicios disponsibles en español. Services available in Spanish
(S) After Breast Cancer Diagnosis (ABCD), 800-977-4121
- Accurate, reliable information related to diagnosis, treatment, personalized support, and free resources.
(S) American Cancer Society National Cancer Information Center, 800-227-2345
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Accurate, detailed information related to diagnosis, treatment, support, and community resources.
- Call for information and publications in English, Spanish, and Chinese.
(S) Cancer Information and Counseling Line (CICL), 800-525-3777
(A service of AMC Cancer Fund) 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Free professional telephone counseling service for all people affected by cancer.
- Talk with trained counselors for in-depth emotional support
- Get up-to-date, concise, and easy to understand medical information.
Cancer Support Community , (888) 793-9355
Mon-Fri 9 am- 8 pm ET
- Offers education, resources and online support groups and social networking opportunities so no one faces cancer alone.
(S) LiveStrong™ SurvivorCare, 855-880-7777
Toll free Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time
- Counseling and referrals to local resources.
- Cancer diagnosis and treatment concerns.
- Help addressing financial, employment, and insurance concerns.
- Fertility preservation information and assistance.
(S) National Cancer Information Service, 800-4-CANCER (800-422-6237)
8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday, Eastern time. A service of the National Cancer Institute.
- Information about cancer prevention and detection, current treatments, new research studies, and clinical trials.
- Assistance in understanding treatment options and making informed choices.
- Referrals to organizations that help with financial and emotional issues, insurance, workplace difficulties, and many other concerns.
- With Internet access, get live, online assistance through the LiveHelp link at www.cancer.gov
(S) Susan G. Komen for the Cure, 877-GO-KOMEN (877-465-6636)
9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday throughThursday; 9 am to 5 pm Friday, EST.
- Free professional support services to anyone with breast health and breast cancer concerns, including breast cancer patients and their families. Does not provide medical advice.